12 to 6 apartments

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Elmo

I have a 12 apartment aluminum house and read here about someone doing a remod from 12 to 6. Can anyone direct me to information that I can use to make that happen?
Martintown33
Martin Colony History: Colony started in 1998. 2 s&k modified houses and gourd rack

Hi Elmo.. I could tell you here, but it would take a lot explanation.. easiest thing is to go to you tube.. search for “expanding metal purple Martin martin house to 6 x 12 rooms”… there’s several videos showing how to do it.. also videos on how to vent your metal house..
Good luck
Rob
PMCA member
Laplace, La
Elmo

Perfect! Thanks Rob!
Martintown33
Martin Colony History: Colony started in 1998. 2 s&k modified houses and gourd rack

No problem, Elmo.. good luck, with the project.. your martins will love the bigger rooms..
Rob
PMCA member
Laplace, La
defed
Martin Colony History: :
2022 - 1 pair, 5E, 4H, 4F
2023 - 2 pair, 9E, 5H, 5F

it depends on the house...some it's as simple as removing the divider in between 2 compartments and capping one end (or replacing one end w/ a blank). some may need more work. i believe some ppl just drill a large hole in the divider wall and cap/replace one end.
Martin man RI

Not only will attract twice as many Martins its keeps them out of reach of predators and they will be protected from the elements its a win win move. Often people will donate
there old trio houses i remove the inner wall add conley hole. I have only two trio houses left many have been out side since the mid 1990's i retired them but the newer ones
are still up and full every year. Most of my sites are conley gourds. Sparrows seem to favor houses over gourds too. Once the house is full they will repel the sparrows and
no need too worry. The Martins love the deep cavity for years used six by six cavity's they birds just keep moving on. You will be shocked how smart they are can see a good thing
Ray