Availability Immediately

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
CTMartins

Very attractive elevated 12 bedroom 0 bath located in quite cul de sac. Spacious bedrooms with zero closet space. Comes with no appliances or washer and dryer. Setting is beautiful and quiet, yet it is very convenient to bugs and air highways. There is no clubhouse or pool but overlooks ample fields any grassy areas. No security required. No smoking and mites not preferred. Showing available at anytime and flybys are fine anytime as well.
C.C.Martins
Martin Colony History: 2016- Visitors.
2017- 5 pair. 15 fledged
2018- 18 pair. 85 fledged
2019- 17 pair. 81 fledged
2020- 25 pair. 111 fledged
2021- 28 pair. 118 fledged
2022- 33 pair. 151 fledged
2023- 33 pair. 165 fledged
2024- 40 pair.
HOSP: 52 Starlings: 29
Home colony: mix natural, super, Troyer and excluder gourds, enlarged compartment house. All SREH.
Satellite colony: Oso Bay Preserve: 36 PMCA excluder gourds, 6 room trio mini castle with troyer tunnels and enlarged compartments.
2019: Visitors
2020: 3 pair, 11 fledged
2021: 10 pair, 30 fledged
2022: 11 pair, 35 fledged
2023: 18 pair, 101 fledged
2024: 39 pair,
PMCA member

CTMartins wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:48 am
Very attractive elevated 12 bedroom 0 bath located in quite cul de sac. Spacious bedrooms with zero closet space. Comes with no appliances or washer and dryer. Setting is beautiful and quiet, yet it is very convenient to bugs and air highways. There is no clubhouse or pool but overlooks ample fields any grassy areas. No security required. No smoking and mites not preferred. Showing available at anytime and flybys are fine anytime as well.
Hahahahahaha!!! Did you mention includes a very inquisitive landlord who shoots stray sparrows and starlings at odd hours, opens the front door unannounced, will use 30x80 binoculars at 15 feet to watch everything and may install a camera?
Rent is free though!
A good house sparrow is a dead house sparrow.
Stingray

CTMartins wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:48 am
Very attractive elevated 12 bedroom 0 bath located in quite cul de sac.
Very clever! Well done.
😄😄
Have a great season!

Plantation, Florida

PMCA member
Jones4381
Martin Colony History: 60 gourds
2020- visitors
2021- 1 pair-5
2022- 5 pair-20
2023 34 pair-44
2024 39 pair-TBD

LMAO :grin:
"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." - Lao Tzu
CTMartins

I hope i can post it's filled soon :shock:
Jones4381
2020- visitors
2021- 1 pair-5
2022- 5 pair-20
2023 34 pair-44
2024 39 pair-TBD

yes sir...We're all rooting for you. Any visitors or fly by's?
"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." - Lao Tzu
CTMartins

Jones4381 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 2:22 pm
yes sir...We're all rooting for you. Any visitors or fly by's?
I dunno, I stare at it only most of the day and when I do I see lotta starling and sparrows flying by. There's a group of tree shallows here in the neighborhood. I have seen a gliding bird but it's obv to fast to get a good id.
Conrad Baker

Great idea CTMartins !! I'm sure the Martins read this Forum to see what's happening and what is available. If they don't then they should. Please send any extras my way, I still have a spot or two open.
millerjr88
Martin Colony History: 2020 - 1 pair SY, 4 eggs, hatched and fledged only 1 due to a lone male SY that carried some of the eggs out of the nest.
2021 - 2 pair SY, fledged 7, 2 lone male SY
2022- 2 pair ASY, 3 pair SY, 22 eggs laid, hatched 19, fledged 16. Also one pair SY that nested but did not lay eggs.
2023- 13 pair, 60 eggs, fledged 47.
2024- 21 active nests as of 6/1

Awesome advertisement there CTmartins! Sounds like you have exactly what a young purple martin couple will be looking for to start their new family. I'm in northeast OH and currently have 5 pair ASY that are just starting to put nesting material in. No sign of any SY birds yet but usually don't see them till May 15 or later. Looking at the migration map prime time for you should be late May so keep that open sign out, and I wish you the best!
Daniel
Dave Duit
Martin Colony History: In 2023, 81 pair with 350 fledged youngsters. 106 total cavities available, 82 Troyer Horizontal gourds and 4 modified deep trio metal house units, 1 fallout shelter, owl cages around all units. Martin educator and speaker. President and founder of the Iowa Purple Martin Organization. Please visit Iowa Purple Martin Organization on Facebook. Emails send to [email protected]. Subject line include Iowa Purple Martin.

With that description and attractiveness of location; I see no reason that they won't be moving in soon. Well done.
Mite control, heat venting, predator protection and additional feeding during bad weather add up to success.
CTMartins

Time is fleeting this season isnt it ?? :( I still see sub adult sightings but nothing here.
millerjr88
Martin Colony History: 2020 - 1 pair SY, 4 eggs, hatched and fledged only 1 due to a lone male SY that carried some of the eggs out of the nest.
2021 - 2 pair SY, fledged 7, 2 lone male SY
2022- 2 pair ASY, 3 pair SY, 22 eggs laid, hatched 19, fledged 16. Also one pair SY that nested but did not lay eggs.
2023- 13 pair, 60 eggs, fledged 47.
2024- 21 active nests as of 6/1

CTMartins, please don't get discouraged. There are a lot of SY martins that have not returned yet. I had my first SY martin show up on May 11th, and I am about 2 weeks ahead of your area on the migration range. Your "sweet spot" for attracting SY martins should be around end of May till mid June. If you check the scout arrival study map on PMCA you will see that no one has reported any SY arrivals in your area as of today. I'm sure not everyone that reports their first ASY goes back to report when their first SY shows up, but that info would lead me to believe you don't have a lot of returning SY birds in your area yet. If you can get a songbird magnet or some other way of playing martin dawn song directly from your housing this will help attract any that might be in the area to your housing. Keep your hopes up, there is still plenty of time!
Daniel
CTMartins

millerjr88 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:58 am
CTMartins, please don't get discouraged. There are a lot of SY martins that have not returned yet. I had my first SY martin show up on May 11th, and I am about 2 weeks ahead of your area on the migration range. Your "sweet spot" for attracting SY martins should be around end of May till mid June. If you check the scout arrival study map on PMCA you will see that no one has reported any SY arrivals in your area as of today. I'm sure not everyone that reports their first ASY goes back to report when their first SY shows up, but that info would lead me to believe you don't have a lot of returning SY birds in your area yet. If you can get a songbird magnet or some other way of playing martin dawn song directly from your housing this will help attract any that might be in the area to your housing. Keep your hopes up, there is still plenty of time!
Magnet is up on the pole everyday since someone else mentioned it in another post.
Jones4381
2020- visitors
2021- 1 pair-5
2022- 5 pair-20
2023 34 pair-44
2024 39 pair-TBD

CTMartins wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 3:03 pm
millerjr88 wrote:
Magnet is up on the pole everyday since someone else mentioned it in another post.
CT, for what it's worth, I agree on don't get discouraged.

I was in the same place as you May 7th 2021. ASY's return during March 10-April10th in these parts of VA and the SY's up through Mid may. I had given up and was walking around my trails on the property and spotted a black spot on a gourd...It was an ASY-M Martin and I had actually given up at that point telling myself I was going to let the Tree Swallows nest in the gourds that year just to have something in them...glad i didn't.... Hang in there bro! From 1 pair in 21' to what I believe is going to be 25-30 pair end of 23'....it can happen fast and tbh there is nothing like getting your first pair...I called him Zeus!...don't know if he is still here as all of em look the same to me (ASY-M's).
CTMartins

Jones4381 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 3:47 pm
CTMartins wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 3:03 pm
millerjr88 wrote:
CT, for what it's worth, I agree on don't get discouraged.

I was in the same place as you May 7th 2021. ASY's return during March 10-April10th in these parts of VA and the SY's up through Mid may. I had given up and was walking around my trails on the property and spotted a black spot on a gourd...It was an ASY-M Martin and I had actually given up at that point telling myself I was going to let the Tree Swallows nest in the gourds that year just to have something in them...glad i didn't.... Hang in there bro! From 1 pair in 21' to what I believe is going to be 25-30 pair end of 23'....it can happen fast and tbh there is nothing like getting your first pair...I called him Zeus!...don't know if he is still here as all of em look the same to me (ASY-M's).
thanks for the encouragement. I see same tree shallows having fun so I know it must be "a good neighborhood"
Martin man RI

Hi CTMartins --- Your neighbor here in RI let have a reality check...... First in the last 20 yrs Purple Martins have made a nice recovery in many towns in CT,RI, and out on Cape Cod.
Main reason they had homes placed at Golf clubs along the bays and ocean. They seem to favor lower Elevations too lower than 50 feet being much warmer than the north west hills
back in the 1990's I had a colony north of Providence the elevation 300 ft. a storm came along stalled and killed most if not all the Martins i was so mad tore all the units down
moved all my stuff and myself along the bay where there is NO elevation. I switch to SREH gourds ConleyII Today i am a landlord to over 350 gourds and have helped start numerous
sites threw out New England...... With the martin its all location(wide open or along the ocean) Lower elevations are more popular look at Ebird and see if there are any colony's
near you there are none over the line in central MA.. they favor the lower elevation i know of only one colony in north western CT We have a ton colony's in Eastern CT near the boarder
of RI. Most the sites are gourds very few people use 12 unit aluminum houses and many of the sites in CT are farms with hundreds of acres. Take some time and visit these sites
you will see southern New England very progressive landlords have come along way to help and preserve the species for younger people. There are some super large colony's
threw out coastal CT and i have met many of the folks. IF you feel your site can't pull in birds it could be location. Purchase gourds ask a golf club,conservation Org, or anyone with
open space if they could sponsor a colony. There are numerous colony's on Long Island too. Its taken me a life time to reach my goal and mother nature has only cause set back after set back. I have none at my home there all at prime locations and where the public can view them because of that many new sites have been started. People sell those 12 units
houses they dont tell you the martin is not attracted to a cavity that is 6 by 6 they will use it but if they see a deep gourd they will abandon the small cavity for a super large gourd
or house. The new gourds and houses saturate the landscape so the martin today can pick and choose the right location and home. New colony's are being started yearly by gourds
mostly people copy cat and follow what others are doing and can see the birds favor gourds. All new landlords have started from gourds in the last five yrs. 80 percent of colony's
in RI are gourds. Cape Cod all gourds!!!!! No houses. houses that are 6 by 6 by 12 are fine. with SREH. to keep starlings out. I like gourds easy to clean I know of two people who have t-14 houses. There full every year. Very few people have martins in the old trio aluminum houses of the past that were started 1965. They still stand empty after 50 yrs.
Ray Marr
Barrington RI