location of Crescent gourds and conley II gourds

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Martin man RI

Hi Folks
One thing i have worked on in the last years is what to do with the crescent gourds I have. I don't like them because you cannot
manage sparrows with them so i have studied the most popular gourds are the bottom ones with the HOSP The Martin favors the
top gourds on the rack This year all my crescent gourds are on the top racks and all conley 's below. I think this will do the trick
and help me not to go crazy with the HOSP. Crescent gourds were popular but are now Obsolete. The conley gourds are most popular
and i like them cause if you have a banded bird you can trap and read the band. I have 52 crescent gourds had more but i drilled them out and added the conley II doorway. I have seven sites and i need the best management tips. Most years the martins fill the Crescent gourds and the HOSP are locked out and mind there business but if foul weather starts and Martins are loss it will invite the HOSP in. I think my minor change should be helpful. Should see first Martin any day now in Southern New England cannot wait! I have used SREH for ten years.

Ray
[email protected]
Martin Colony History: 2016, put Troyer pole with 6 units Horizontal with Conley 11 Tunnels.
Had some visits (two sittings) last year. A visit this year 2017.

Hello Ray,

I'm in Raynham MA. and enjoy your post here. I put up Troy 6 unit Horizontal Gourds with Conley 2 entrances. I had a few visits last year and I'm hopeful to have some Martins here this year. I'm within 5/6 Miles of a good size colony in Lakeville, MA. Got my fingers crossed, but the weather has been cold and windy and forecast is not good for warmer weather soon.

John