Plans for do-it-yourself landlords

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Forum Admin
Site Admin

Forum Administrator
Purple Martin Conservation Association - Please consider becoming a member of the PMCA.
Ventis

Thanks for your tips, had found a lot of usefull infor !! i have some health issues which often makes me search for https://hghreviewer.com/ but thanks a lot for the tips. they might turn out to be very helpful to me IMO.
efetridge

Hello,
I tried looking through old posts to answer this question but didn't find a direct answer, so I will post it: Is there any problem with putting aluminum flashing (painted white) over your wooden nest box roof to protect it from weather? We have an all wood nestbox that my students built. We haven't gotten colonization yet, but it has only been 2 years. But, especially with the very rainy summer we just had here in CT, we are getting some rot in the roof and also part of the bottom of the nestbox. Hoping to make some improvements that will help keep it secure into the future.
Thank you!
BioJoe

it's not uncommon for some folks to put flashing over their wood roofs. it'll just make it a bit tougher to monitor the condition of that rot, but should be ok to do.
PMCA Pres/CEO
Erie, PA
efetridge

Hi, thank you for this answer!